Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm still here...

Hello...

Thank you for checking in Chros, how nice. Yes, I've been fairly busy. I only work 3 days a week. Thursday night, 12-8 am, and Saturday and Sunday 8-4 pm. The switching of hours from trying to sleep in the 'daytime' for the 12 am night to needing to sleep at 'night' for the two 8 am days are kind of rough on this ol' lady. My body doesn't know which way is up sometimes. I'm pretty much over the 'fatigue' from my radiation treatments. Sure feels nice to feel better.

I still go over and give one of my aunts her insulin shots 4 times a day on the days I'm not working. She went to Oregon to visit a sister she hasn't seen in over 60 years. So don't have to give shots for a few weeks.

My grandson David who went to Iraq earlier this year, was shipped back home to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. I don't have the full story, but something to the effect he was helping unload jeeps/hummers from a plane and some strap broke, injuring David's hip. He was first sent to Germany, and then on to North Carolina. Supposedly he needs surgery, but my daughter (his mother), doesn't know the extent yet. We are praying it's not bad enough to require a hip replacement. He's only 22 and those have to be replaced every 10 years or so. He is so sad. He didn't want to be shipped home, and he wants to be a lifer. They told him he would be given 6 months light duty after surgery, then he has to pass PT in order to remain in the Marines. He is due to be deployed by ship in 7 months. As soon as my daughter learns when David's surgery is, she will fly out to be with him and his family. Although he is sad, we as mother and grandmother are certainly thankful that his injury isn't any worse than what it was.

I want to go spend some time catching up on you and your wife's blogs. Both are wonderful reading. Yours for the spiritual and K's for the refreshing reminder of everything involved in rearing little ones.

A couple of funnies re the motel. Some guy (drunk as a skunk), come down to the desk in his underwear asking for matches. Reluctantly, I gave him a book matches. (Worried he might burn the place down.) He started to light his cigarette right there. I told him he needed to go back to his room first. I went and got a pool towel and told him he needed to cover himself. I don't think he realized he wasn't dressed. There was a wedding earlier, and he was part of the wedding party. It was very hard to keep my composure. I know I was 7 shades of red for one thing, and wanted to burst out laughing on the other hand.

When a guest dials 911 from one of the rooms, an alarm goes off at the desk so we are aware there might be a problem. One morning about 3 am, the 911 alarm went off. I dialed the room to see what the problem was. A guy answered, and informed me that their 3 year old dialed it. They recently taught him about 911. Okay, fine. An hour or so later, it went off again. This time the 911 center called 'me' and told me to put a stop to it. I dialed the room once again and informed the guest that 911 was upset at receiving non emergency calls from our motel. I told him he needed to put his 3 year old to sleep and keep him off the phone. 3 am and their baby was awake and dialing 911!!! ~giggle~

I should make notes on all the happenings. Could write a book...

2 comments:

chros said...

Yes! Thank heavens that David wasnt brought home full of bullets or shrapnel. It's a guy thing I guess, coming home from a work accident rather then a battlefied wound just isn't macho enough. I do feel for his injury and will keep him in my prayers. I am glad to hear from you and joyful that you are feeling better. Glad to hear work is going good and producing some fond memories one soon won't forget haha. May God liberally lay His mercy and grace upon David, Davids mom, and upon you every day. Great to hear from you. With love and prayers always.
C.

Kristy said...

Sorry to hear about your grandson! I hope he's doing better. I would've died laughing seeing that naked guy!!